Responsible for the financial health of a company or organisation. Producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. Guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Manage the book keeping for Vlan group of companies
Advanced degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field; several years of experience in a finance role; superior mathematical skills; leadership skills and experience; employee management; understanding of data privacy standards; solid communication skills, both written and verbal; public speaking skills; deep understanding of business principles and practices; superior attention to detail; organisational skills; planning skills; research skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; problem-solving skills; computer skills; multi-tasking abilities; integrity, honesty.