Support Engineer are mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them. Individual tasks vary depending on the size and structure of the organization, but may include:
- Assess current day to day tasks to refine daily operations. Perform sanity checks with tasks on:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications; monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults,this includes replacing parts as required;
- setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Managing Office365 Tenants (Email Services)
- providing external & internal client support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Research into possible systems or implementations that will improve daily operations by testing and evaluating new technology;
- Roll out and enforce change and supporting the roll-out of new application
HOW does the System Support Engineer do their work?
- Responding within to client tickets and internal call outs within the stipulated time.
- Prioritizing and managing cases of the assigned clients
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers;
- Have minimum 3 years of working experience in handling below:
- Understand & Managed LAN, WAN and Firewalls (Cisco Switches and FortiGate Firewall Devices)
- Understand & Managed Network Connectivity & Access Points (UBNT/Cambium/Rujie)
- Understand & Managed laptops/desktops
- Understand & Managed Active Directory & File Servers.
- Understand & Managed NAS (Synology)
- Understand & Managed Microsoft O365 email services tenant.
- Understand & Managed Microsoft Azure tenant
- Experience in Implementing email migration to O365 is added advantage.
- Experience in Implementing server migration to Azure is added advantage.
- Good communication skills (mainly English and preferable Chinese speaking)
- MUST have MCP/MCSA/MCSE certification under O365/Azure.
- Willingness to travel onsite to client place within Klang Valley.